New books and resources
Online Practice exams
Practice exams are available in English, Italian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese only.
- Select the link below to choose your language and grade.
- On the next page you will see two places to select your language – at the top and the bottom of the page – make sure these are both in the language you need. Then select ‘continue’.
Discovering Music Theory
A new series of graded workbooks and corresponding answer books that offer all-round preparation for our new online Music Theory exams at Grades 1 to 5.
These full-colour workbooks contain progressive exercises interspersed with timely explanations, tips and reminders, enabling learners to build up knowledge and understanding of music theory step by step.
Take a look inside these new books:
You can find a list corrections to the first print run of Discovering Music Theory and the Sample Papers here. These corrections will be made in the next edition of these publications.
To help candidates become familiar with the new question styles, free Sample Papers and Model Answers for Grades 1 to 5 are available.
- Grade 1 Sample Paper and Model Answers
- Grade 2 Sample Paper and Model Answers
- Grade 3 Sample Paper and Model Answers
- Grade 4 Sample Paper and Model Answers
- Grade 5 Sample Paper and Model Answers
- Reference Sheet; showing some example questions in a PDF format
- Grade 5 Cadence Question Examples.
- Updated Terms and Signs quick reference guide for Grades 1 to 5
- Test your knowledge with our multiple-choice Terms and Signs quiz for Grades 1 to 5